Walk Away from Violent Extremism: a campaign to address violent extremism online
By Anne Aly.
Countering violent extremism (CVE) is recognised as an important and necessary aspect of addressing the threat of terrorism and other forms of violence. Just as there is no single path to violent extremism, programs and initiatives that aim to prevent individuals from engaging in violence should also be multi- faceted, comprising diverse strategies and approaches. A multi–faceted approach to countering violent extremism recognises that individual vulnerability is not the only factor driving violent extremism. It does not, for example, explain why some people will become violent extremists while others with similar backgrounds and in similar situations do not. Strategies to counter violent extremism should also take into account the social settings, the broader conditions and the ways in which individuals and groups become exposed to and engage with violent extremism.
Das könnte Dich auch interessieren:
- Conference: 4th Addressing the New Landscape of Terrorism 15. Oktober 2021
- Reporting about Violent Extremism and P/CVE 18. August 2021
- The Ethics of Engaging Former Extremists to Counter Violent… 2. Februar 2022
- Inclusive Voices Unite 4. September 2023
- Fighters for Peace 8. September 2021
- Combating Violent Extremism: Insights from Former Right-Wing… 12. Mai 2021